Welcome to Evergreen Park Elementary School District 124
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is now open to all residents who reside within the school boundaries of Evergreen Park. The District
124 Board of Education follows the Illinois School Code, which specifies that to enter kindergarten; children must be 5 years of age by September 1, 2022.
* Preschool students who are currently enrolled in District 124 are automatically enrolled into kindergarten and considered a returning student. There is no
need for you to do anything at this time. As a returning student, a snapcode will be provided in the spring.
2022-2023 Kindergarten Registration Information
ONLINE ENROLLMENT WILL BE OPEN FROM MARCH 14 – APRIL 15, 2022
Any parent/guardian who wishes to enroll their kindergarten student(s) in District 124 must complete the registration process. Kindergarten registration is now online. Enrollment packets can be downloaded below and are also available at each elementary school.
- Families must complete the 2022-2023 new student online registration by clicking the following link: https://registration.powerschool.com/family/gosnap.aspx?action=32031&culture=en
- Download, print and complete a Kindergarten Enrollment Packet below.
- Copy of Original Birth Certificate
- Copy of parent/guardian photo identification card (i.e. IL Driver’s License, State ID or Consular identification Card)
- Copy of three (3) acceptable proof of residency documents: You will need one (1) document from “Category A” AND two (2) documents from “Category B”. The school district reserves the right to evaluate the evidence presented, and merely presenting items listed does not guarantee a student’s enrollment
Category A – Provide document(s)
- IF HOMEOWNER – 1 Document: Current Mortgage Statement or Homeowners Insurance Declaration Policy Statement or Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment.
- IF RENT/LEASE – All 3 needed: Original apartment lease (signed and dated lease) listing all tenants AND proof of most current month’s payment (e.g., canceled check or renters receipts) AND the landlord’s certificate of inspection from the Village of Evergreen Park.
Category B – Provide 2 documents
- Utility Bill – such as gas, electric, water/sewer or cable/internet
- Renter’s Insurance Policy
- Vehicle registration OR Automobile insurance policy
- Bank statement OR Payroll stub (with name and address)
- Current Illinois voter’s registration card and the original letter or postcard mailed with voter registration card
- Current Public Aid Card and the original letter or postcard mailed with the Public Card.
- Scan and email all above documents to email@example.com OR send by US mail OR drop off copies of documentation at the Administrative Office on 2929 W. 87th Street, Evergreen Park, IL 60805, Attn: Registration. You will receive emails from the district registrar every step of the way.
* Registration is not complete until all required paperwork is turned in. Families must complete online registration and turn in or scan required documents by Friday, April 15, 2022 to pre-register for kindergarten. Once you have submitted all the necessary information, you will receive an email notification of approval or changes, clarification or corrections that need to be made for approval.
- Families, who are living with an Evergreen Park District Resident, must complete a Student Residency Affidavit (Appendix B1, B2 and C) Forms. Proof of residency is required for both the parent/guardian AND the Evergreen Park district resident. The district resident must be present on the day of the registration appointment.
- Families who have a complex guardianship situation or residency matter will need to contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 423-0950 ext. 2145 to schedule an appointment to discuss the situation. Email is preferred.
Kindergarten Open House and Screening
Do not miss the Kindergarten Open House, please register early. All incoming kindergarten students will be screened prior to the start of school. Further
information provided once you have registered.